“One of the most important things that the coronavirus pandemic has highlighted has been that the physical and emotional wellbeing of health and care staff, must be of equal priority to that of patients.”*
- Chaired by: Dr Sonya Wallbank, Director or HR & OD, Department of Health and Social Care & Head of Culture Transformation, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Professor Simon Gregory, Deputy Medical Director, Primary and Integrated Care and Freedom to Speak up Guardian (FTSUG), Health Education England
- Dr Steven Boorman CBE, Chair, Council for Health and Work
- Dr Makani Purva, Chief Medical Officer, Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Robert Simcox, Deputy Director of People, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Jaki Lowe, Director of People and Inclusion, Derbyshire Healthcare FT *Top 10 Mental Health and Community Trust for Staff Wellbeing, NHS Staff Survey 2020
- Lynn Demeda, Director of Workforce Programmes, Guys and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Hilary Winch, Chair, NHS Health at Work Network & Head of Workplace Health, Safety & Wellbeing, Norfolk & Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Nick Grey, Consultant Clinical Psychologist & Associate Director, Psychology and Psychological Therapies, Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Radhika Nair, Programme Manager – NHS Civility and Respect, NHS England
With concerns around resourcing and a winter crisis, rapidly increasing waiting times, and the need to step up the booster vaccination programme in response to the pandemic, the mental wellbeing of staff from across the NHS is integral to its future.
Join Westminster Insight’s annual NHS Staff Wellbeing Digital Conference
to hear from NHS England and Improvement, Health Education England and the Department of Health and Social Care on creating cultural transformation
across the NHS.
You will hear how to improve employee experience
to make the NHS a more attractive place to work. Derbyshire Healthcare Foundation Trust, will discuss their journey to become one of the Top 10 Trusts for Staff Wellbeing in the NHS Staff Survey 2020.
Addressing the increase of bullying and harassment
in the workplace, you will hear how to create a culture of compassion and inclusion
to stop incivility at work. Our event will focus on first-hand experiences,
the impact of the pandemic on wellbeing and how to tackle mental health stigma.
Pre-submit your questions
on how to transform your mental health and wellbeing strategy
and foster a positive workplace culture that will help you to retain and recruit staff.
Network with colleagues
from across the NHS to learn from each other and reflect on your experiences of working in the health service during the pandemic. This practical, full-day event will be broadcast live and content will be available on demand for 14 days after the event.
*One Voice Joint Statement, 2021