- Chaired by: Philippa Stobbs, Assistant Director of Education, National Children’s Bureau
- Andre Imich, SEN and Disability Professional Adviser, Department for Education (DfE)
- Jean Gross CBE, Independent Consultant, Speaker and Best-Selling Author
- Malcom Reeve,National SEND Leader, Whole School SEND
- Karen Pilling, SEND Expert and Acting Deputy Head, Chapel Street Community Primary School
- Dr Sarah Godwin, Senior Practitioner Educational Psychologist, Nottingham City Council
- Tina Emery, Co-Chair, National Network of Parent Carer Forums
- Julie Pointer, Programme Lead - Children and Young People, National Development Team for Inclusion
- Dr Kulvarn Atwal, Headteacher, Highlands Primary School
- Abigail Hawkins, Author of ‘School Exclusion, The Parent Guide'
- Garry Freeman, Independent SEND Consultant, SENDCo, National SEND System Leader and MCCT
Join us at Westminster Insight’s Conference to hear from Andre Imich
, SEN and Disability Professional Adviser, Department for Education (DfE),
who will update delegates on progress with the SEND review.
Learn how to demonstrate SEND requirements for Ofsted’s new inspection framework
and maximise attainment and outcomes for children with SEND from Early Years through to adulthood.
The National Network of Parent Carer Forums
will review challenges and opportunities the pandemic
has presented for SEND pupils, their parents, and carers.
Practical strategies will be showcased from primary, secondary, further education and local authorities
who will share initiatives on whole school approaches
to promoting inclusivity, developing capacity and capability
and making effective use of the high needs block.
We will be joined by Julie Pointer
from the National Development Team for Inclusion
who will provide special focus
on improving life outcomes
. You will learn how to promote SEND pupils' mental health
and wellbeing, manage behaviour to prevent exclusions, smooth key transitions
and prepare for a successful life beyond school.
You will hear from Malcom Reeve,
National SEND Leader, Whole School SEND,
who will be reviewing the Send Review in England 2021,
exploring national patterns of SEND identification and the practical implications this has for your school.
This full day conference will be delivered live via an interactive digital platform.